It’s always great to hear back from our users, whether it’s a simple “atta boy” or a full page’s worth of feedback.
Today we thought it would be nice to share a recent case study from one of our users that lives in the scientific laboratory and processing equipment space. Their company is a leading provider of stirring, mixing, and kneading machines, among other things, that are used by the pharmaceutical, chemical, food, paint, cosmetic, and plastics industries around the world. Neat!
“It helps me zero in on what could be the issue, AND have a documented track of what all errors I’ve seen.”
When a user hits a certain number of sessions with Exceptionless, we shoot them a quick survey email asking them a few things that might help us improve our product and get a better feel for how our users are utilizing it’s features.
In a nutshell, we ask the following:
- What’s the number one customer-facing bug Exceptionless helped you squash?
- Were you surprised at the initial results of using Exceptionless for the first time? How many errors were you seeing?
- What is the number one internal bug you were able to track down with Exceptionless?
- If you had one feature you’d like us to add to Exceptionless, what would it be?
- What other examples or feedback do you have?
“I’d say that Exceptionless helps me find all the bugs which I’d have to spend more time on zeroing in on, faster.”
The user was gracious enough to provide us with the following answers to the above general questions.
- “Well, since our application is not yet released to the customer, I’m using Exceptionless to report bugs/crashes which I encounter routinely while testing the UI. It helps me zero in on what could be the issue, AND have a documented track of what all errors I’ve seen.”
- “Since Exceptionless is being used by me DURING development, it’s not surprising at all! 🙂 Maybe 4-5 bugs per day in sporadic bouts of crashes. Sometimes no bugs for a long time!”
- “More than ONE major bug, I’d say that Exceptionless helps me find all the bugs which I’d have to spend more time on zeroing in on, faster.”
- “Support for snapshots (user reviewed), memory dump files is my number ONE feature request.”
- “Will update you on this once I release to customers. But it’s nice having the confidence that Exceptionless will help me squash bugs AS they get reported, instead of having to wait for that brave customer who girdles up his loins and takes up the onerous task of finding out how to report bugs and whom to report them to! Most customers would have just cursed me and gone ahead with workarounds! :)”
How About You? Got Any Feedback?
Consider this for a second: If every user provided 10 minutes of feedback on the products they use and love, the owners of those products/programs/tools/experiences would be able to improve them much faster and with drastically more focus and drive.
With that said… give us 5, 10, or maybe 15 minutes and answer the above questions for us in the comments below. We’re no Microsoft – your voice will be heard, and any suggestions will be strongly considered/debated. Who knows – maybe we work on your feature request next!