We’ve made it super easy to get up and running, as you’ll see below. Take a look and let us know what you think!
Report & Log Errors & Events in 1:37
The Text Version
- Log in to your Exceptionless Dashboard and get your project’s API key (Admin > Projects > Select Project > API Keys)
- If you don’t have a project, you’ll need to create one by going to Admin > Projects > Add New Project
- Open the extracted folder on your local machine and go to the “example” folder, then edit index.html.
- Replace the API key in the exceptionless.js script tag with your own, and comment out the line with serverURL in it (not needed for demo).
- Open index.html in your browser and open your browser’s developer tools console so we can see the events fire.
- We’ve added quick-fire buttons to this page that automatically generate events for you to play around with for the purpose of this demo.
- Click on one, generate 100 random events for instance, and you’ll see the events queue up in the console. After a few seconds, you should see a queue processing notification telling you it’s done processing.
- Go back to your Exceptionless project dashboard, and you will see the events hit the system in real time.
- Make sure you are viewing the appropriate project and time period in your dashboard, otherwise you might not see the new events come in.
It’s That Easy!
Here’s to becoming Exceptionless!