We've made it super easy to get up and running, as you'll see below. Take a look and let us know what you think!
Report & Log Errors & Events in 1:37 #
The Text Version #
- Log in to your Exceptionless Dashboard and get your project's API key (Admin > Projects > Select Project > API Keys)
* If you don't have a project, you'll need to create one by going to Admin > Projects > Add New Project
- Open the extracted folder on your local machine and go to the "example" folder, then edit index.html.
- Replace the API key in the exceptionless.js script tag with your own, and comment out the line with serverURL in it (not needed for demo).
- Open index.html in your browser and open your browser's developer tools console so we can see the events fire.
* We've added quick-fire buttons to this page that automatically generate events for you to play around with for the purpose of this demo.
- Click on one, generate 100 random events for instance, and you'll see the events queue up in the console. After a few seconds, you should see a queue processing notification telling you it's done processing.
- Go back to your Exceptionless project dashboard, and you will see the events hit the system in real time.
* Make sure you are viewing the appropriate project and time period in your dashboard, otherwise you might not see the new events come in.
It's That Easy! #
Here's to becoming Exceptionless!