We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail or through our feedback forms, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
The information we gather, and what we do with it
- When you register for Exceptionless we ask for information such as your email address, and for paying accounts your billing address and credit card information. Members who sign up for the free account are not required to enter a credit card.
- Exceptionless uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
What we do with cookies
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies are required to use the Exceptionless service fully
- If users do not select remember me, cookies are destroyed at the end of session (typically when the browser is closed)
- Exceptionless uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Exceptionless. Although Exceptionless owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Exceptionless application, you retain all rights to your data.
- Exceptionless may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with requests from legal bodies or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
- Exceptionless may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Exceptionless primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice on the Exceptionless website.
Questions and Comments